Monday 31 March 2014

Need For Speed


Another 'Fast And Furious'?


Director: Scott Waugh
Release Date: 2014
Rating: 12
Running Time: 125 mins
Genre: Action/Crime/Drama
Actors: Aaron Paul, Michael Keaton, Dominic Cooper

Would I sum up 'Need For Speed' as 'Fast and Furious 7'? No. Would I call it a rip off? No. The two films are completely different, well, they're both about cars but I think you know what I mean. I do think it's got to be said that this film was incredibly average. There were both pros and cons with this film and it evened out as very balanced between the two. Though the acting is good, the cars are pretty badass and the stunts are quite exciting, I'd say the film is let down awfully by poor writing.

The story is quite complex given what actually goes on in the film, I still don't think I fully understand it so it's clearly one you've got to pay attention to at the start. After street racer Aaron Paul, (who's characters name I forget because I just say him as Jesse Pinkman) is sentenced to jail after being framed for his friends death during a race, he is released and heads from New York to California in under 48 hours to take place in another street race, why? I honestly cannot remember, it just wasn't that exciting.

A very poor story that left me feeling as though I was somewhat robbed of my money, but you can almost tell that it's going to be like that from the trailer and the fact it is another 'driving' movie. In terms of acting in this Domanic Cooper was alrigh, but it's definitely not the strongest role he's done and it did really annoy me that he had to put on this fake American accent even though he could've just used his normal voice, it wouldn't have affected the film what so ever. Michael Keaton was very enjoyable to watch, though that is probably because he is brilliant in everything he stars in and was able to bring a fair bit of comedy to a shockingly serious film, who died? Oh, right. And Aaron Paul played the same likeable character with a dark side he has done in so many other things, such as Breaking Bad and..well it's still early days for the actor, but looking at how the young star is doing, it's seeming as though we will continue on the big screen a few more times after this.

Overall, though a film that was able to pass the time, it was fairly boring and really not that great. I think the main reason it was so poor is that it's very easy to laugh at rather than  but again that comes down to the poor script, I reckon there will be plenty of digs made at this film due to it's plot-holes and ridiculous one liners and unfunny jokes, it had the potential to be good, but maybe tried that bit too hard.

5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment